[vtkusers] vtkDICOMImageReader

marium ahmed nidal832002 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 11 02:45:50 EST 2006

Dear all,
  I'm trying to read DICOM images using the vtkDICOMReader class, and
  I've some questions:
  I use the method vtkDICOMImageReader* GetOutput() and I place the
  output in an object of data type vtkImageData
  Then I try to connect this output to the mapper as follows:
  mapper->SetInputConnection(image->GetProducerPort());
  but this raises an exception: access violation reading location
  0*000000
  So, what method other than GetProducerPort() can I use???
  Also I found that some of the DICOM fields can't be read, like study
  ID, study UID etc. (expression can't be evaluated)
  So do you've any suggestions??????????
  thanks in advance
 marium