[vtkusers] Compiling VTK cvs checkout on SGI Prism

Simon Su ssu8888 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 10 17:10:43 EST 2006

Hello,

I have been trying to get vtk running on SGI Prism
with the latest cvs checkout yesterday and those
checkout a few weeks ago but I am getting the
followings:

==================
ssu at magritte:~/proj/vtk/vtk-install> make install
Linking CXX executable ../../bin/vtk
/home/ssu/proj/vtk/vtk-install/bin/libvtkRendering.so:
undefined reference to `FTC_Manager_LookupFace'
/home/ssu/proj/vtk/vtk-install/bin/libvtkRendering.so:
undefined reference to `FTC_Manager_LookupSize'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [bin/vtk] Error 1
make[1]: *** [Wrapping/Tcl/CMakeFiles/vtk.dir/all]
Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Although the readme did not mention doing make
install, but I did not find the vtk executable in the
bin on the make directory. Something I am doing wrong?
I repeated the same process on nvidia based x86_64
running susu10 and it worked.

Thank you

Simon