[vtkusers] Multiple renderers

Jesús Spí­nola jspinola at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 08:19:50 EST 2006

Hello,

i'm developing a simple application that visualizes medical datasets in
different views ( axial, coronal , sagittal ) with vtkImageViewer2.

My purpose is to draw simple objects ( like spheres, quads, lines, etc ) on
top of the current view, that represent annotations of that volume ( like
distances, angles , ROI's, etc )
For example, if i'm taking a distance, i wan't to see a little circle for
the first and the second point and a line that connects both points.

I thought that could be a good idea to draw in a different renderer these
geometrics objects and then have two renderers in the same render window (
the vtkImageViewer2 one ). My question is how do I have two different layers
( the renderers ) for the same render window in vtkImageViewer2 to do this.

Maybe having two renderers is not the best solution, so if there's any
better solution, what's the best approach to do this?

Thanks in advance