[vtkusers] Memory leak in vtkMath

Sebastien Valette sebastien.valette at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Mon Jan 9 10:56:12 EST 2006

Hi,
I just would like to point out a memory leak in the vtkMath class (I
checked the cvs repository and the bug still exists)

in the method int vtkMath::SolveLeastSquares(int numberOfSamples, double
**xt, int xOrder,
                               double **yt, int yOrder, double **mt)

some intermediates variables are allocated, bot the memory is not always
freed after.
reason:
- when the execution was fine (and the method returns 1), the variables
are correctly swept out.
- when a problem occured (end the method returns 0), no variable is
freed, and the leak occurs.
Thus, it would be wise to add those lines:
***********begin code**************
 // clean up:
 // set up intermediate variables
 for (i = 0; i < xOrder; i++)