[vtkusers] Sample X-Code or even CodeWarrior projects

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Tue Feb 28 16:51:10 EST 2006

Sean McBride wrote:
> On 2006-02-28 16:06, Eric Gorr said:
>

>>I was just wondering if there any sample XCode or CodeWarrior projects
>
> showing
>
>>integration with a regular Carbon application on a standard Window which VTK
>>would not "own" (much like one passes a window to OpenGL via
>>aglSetDrawable)...?
>

> I have a sample Xcode project, but it uses Cocoa, not Carbon.  Mail me
> offlist if you'd like it.

Or even better. Go to VTK/Examples/GUI/Cocoa(*). Create a binary
directory and generate Xcode or Makefiles build system using CMake 2.2.
In which case it should work whatever version of Xcode you have, rather
than using one with hardcoded paths.

>>Can VTK be used with CodeWarrior 9 or just XCode?
>

> vtk can be built with many compilers on many platforms.  I suspect that
> CW could build it, but I also suspect no one has tried.  Note that vtk
> is built with a product called 'cmake' which, on the Mac, uses gcc in
> turn.  I'm not aware of anyone using CodeWarrior or the Intel compilers
> with cmake.

Is CodeWarrior free ? Anyway this is a CMake issue, please forward this
question to the CMake ML.

Thanks
Mathieu
(*) This is only in VTK CVS.