[vtkusers] How to convert a triangular syrface mesh to a depth ( range ) image ???

Deepak Roy cdeepakroy at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 16:40:01 EST 2006

Hello David,

Thanks for the reply.

I read the doc for vtkElevationFilter (
http://www.vtk.org/doc/release/4.2/html/classvtkElevationFilter.html ).

It says it computes the projection ( probably perpendicular distance ) of
each point of my vtkPolyData onto the line.

But what would be helpful in my case is the projection onto the ( xy, yz, zx
) coordinate planes.

How do i go about doing this ?

Let us simplify the problem....... Imaging for example we have a hemisphere
vtkPolyData --- facing towards the viewer and centered at the origin ( 0 , 0
, 0 ).

Now, if i cut it with a plane "y = 0"  ---- i should get a curve -- a circle
of radius ( R ) equal to that of the hemisphere.

If i cut it with a plane "y = r / 2"  ---- i will get another circle of a
different radius.

How can i extract these contour curves ???

Thanks in advance.

Regrads,

Deepak