[vtkusers] Howto have vtkAxes with its origin always in the viewport

Thuc Bui bui at calcreek.com
Sun Feb 26 14:35:16 EST 2006

Dear NG,

I have searched the web for the solution to this problem, but I have had no luck so far. I was able to display an axes with arrow heads and axis labels using vtkAxes, vtkTubeFilter, vtkConeSource and vtkFollower. The axes rotate with the 3D image accordingly, and the axis labels always face the camera. Unfortunately, I have to statically set the vtkAxes origin, and therefore, the axes disappear from the viewport when zooming. Does anyone know a solution to always have the axes origin fixed to the lower left corner of the viewport, but still correctly rotate with the image? I would appreciate very much for any suggestion where to look for more information and what functions to use and where in the codes to call them. Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Cheers,
Thuc Bui
bui at calcreek.com