[vtkusers] New tutorial document for using VTK shaders

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Fri Feb 24 04:15:07 EST 2006

Hi,

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006, Charl P. Botha wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Two of our students, Harry Seip and Andy Man, did some work with VTK
> shaders as a part of one of their B.Sc. projects.  They've written a
> document containing a number of tips on using VTK shaders that could
> be useful to other people getting started with this.

That looks very interesting!
Do you maybe have a screenshot somewhere?

Also, is there a possibility to relate (or even convert)
Renderman shaders to Cg shaders?
I am asking because I like the rendering of VTK scenes
via the RIB Exporter a lot (see http://www.crd.ge.com/~lorensen/vtkrib/
for nice examples).

Best,

Arnd