[vtkusers] multi 2D image display

Dean Inglis dean.inglis at camris.ca
Thu Feb 23 09:11:32 EST 2006

Hi,

I have a need to display sequences of 2D images,
say 5 at a time, and am looking for pointers from
anyone who may have already accomplished this
in VTK.  There are several strategies I can
think of but if there is an "optimal" or
most efficient solution, please let me know:

1) single renderwindow partitioned into multiple
viewports/renderers each with a vtkImageActor

2) single renderwindow, single renderer, multiple
vtkImageActors with
  i) input data passed through vtkImageChangeInformation
    to offset origins
  ii) actors themselves linearly transformed

3) combine images into one wide image with vtkImageAppend

4) multiple renderwindows each with unique vtkImageActor

thanks,
Dean