[vtkusers] Surface Construction from a grid

Ian Paris-Salb vtkaccount at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 17:59:46 EST 2006

Hi all,
I am trying to find the best and most efficient way to display a surface or
a grid of 50x50 points with varying z values.  I have tried this a few ways
including manually creating the polygons and applying smoothing to them, but
the images are a bit too rigid in some places.  I have also tried the
vtksurfacereconstructionfilter, but there are a few problems with this.  It
seems that the coordinates are changed along the edges which makes it hard
to line up other objects with this one, and the size of the grid doesnt seem
to quite match up either.  It seems I am looking for some sort of
subdivision algorithm, but I am looking for some advice on what algorithm
and what inputs/outputs I should use.  Thank you in advance for your help.
-Ian