[vtkusers] 64 bit compile for 64 bit XEON processor

Jeremy Drysdale jeremy.drysdale at philips.com
Mon Feb 20 09:02:53 EST 2006

Hello,

I am new to VTK, but I would like to use it with extremely large data sets
(over 2 GB).  To work with this data, we are using an Intel based 64 bit
duel XEON 3.6 GHz processor workstation.  Is there a compilation of VTK
available to work on this chipset?  I have not been able to find one for
this hardware.  Is this because it doesn't exist yet?  I'm a bit wary
about "wasting" a lot of manhours attempting a 64-bit compile at this
stage of the game.  If anyone has any thoughts or experience on this,
please by all means let me know.  Or if anyone can tell me for sure that
this doesn't work, that would be helpful as well ;-)

Thanks,
-Jeremy