[vtkusers] Suggestions for Writing PolyData to File

mike jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 10:51:15 EST 2006

Dear List;
    I would like some suggestions about what format to write some data
into. I currently read up a vtkImage data and then create a surface
Mesh. After that I find all the distinct particles and color each one.
Usually I just store the mesh as an STL file but I lose all the
distinct particle information and coloring. (and we are close to
allowing the user to "Move" a particle"). My question is what vtk
format would be the best to use to store all this information?
    I am using HDF5 for some other projects and thought about storing
all the information into an HDF file as that would allow flexibility
with our other projects?

Thoughts? Suggestions? Prior Experiences?

Cheers
----
Mike Jackson
imikejackson _at_ gee-mail dot com