[vtkusers] Offsetting elevation data

Marcio Antonio Mathias marcio_mathias at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 12 07:34:23 EST 2006

Hi,

  I need tho implement a topography view of a place. The elevations  values lies between 900 m and 1200 m. The data input is ASCII format  and I am using a VtkStructuredPointsReader to start the pipeline. As I  have a large offset when compared to the elevation variation range, the  visualization result is poor and I did not find any filter or method  for data offsetting. I intend to get similar result as  Saint  Helens montain, presented at "SphereWidget.tcl", but a convertion from  the current format to "U.S. Geological Survey" - "dem" format used in  the exemple is out of question.
  Does someone know a filter or a method that might solve this problem?  If necessary I can send my current tcl pipeline and a small dataset.
  Thanks for any hint.

  Marcio.