[vtkusers] Rendering with Xinerama?

James Frye frye at cs.unr.edu
Fri Feb 10 13:51:57 EST 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to run the first example in the tutorial.  I run Xinerama on a
Dell laptop with a Radeon video card.  Unfortunately the laptop display is
not working (waiting on a new inverter board), so I'm limited to the 2nd
display.  So I made a couple of minor (I thought!) changes to Cone.cxx:
made the window a bit bigger with renWin->SetSize (600, 600), and moved it
on to the working display with renWin->SetPosition (1600, 300).  Compile &
run it, and I get a window that sane "Visualization Toolkit - OpenGL", but
it's blank: no background, no cone, nada.

Is there something special I need to set to get it to work?

Thanks,
James