[vtkusers] Clipping of a volume

Rhys Thomas rgt at informatics.bangor.ac.uk
Fri Feb 10 12:03:28 EST 2006

Hello all,

    I was wondering if anyone could provide some hints on the following
problem: I wish to clip an instance of/ vtkStructuredPoints/ using a
/vtkPlane/. I want the output to be an instance of /vtkStructuredPoints/
so that I can insert it into my graphics pipeline in place of another
instance of /vtkStructuredPoints/ because I am performing other
operations on the data (changing opacity of certain voxels, contrast
stretching). I am currently using /vtkRenderer::AddVolume /to add a
/vtkVolume/ to the pipeline. I have tried variations of /vtkCutter,
vtkClipVolume /and/ vtkProbeFilter, /but with disappointing results.
Does anyone have  any suggestions as to the quickest (i.e. least
processor intensive) solution to this problem?

Thanks

Rhys