[vtkusers] Compilation Problem | WinXP, MSys, MinGW | undefined reference to `vtkDataArrayTemplate<int>::WritePointer(int, int)'

Martin Baumann mailsgetlost at web.de
Thu Feb 9 05:34:06 EST 2006

Hi,

I have the following environment:

WinXP computer, MSys, MinGW. I configured VTK-Sources for Unix Makefiles. Therefore I started CMakeSetup from MSys, this makes sure that the environment variables for MinGW are set correct. It all seemed quite correct to me...

But after 5 min of compiling I get the following error and compiling process quits:

Linking CXX shared library ../bin/libvtkFiltering.dll
CMakeFiles/vtkFiltering.dir/vtkCellLocator.obj(.text$_ZN11vtkIntArray11InsertValueEii[vtkIntArray::InsertValue(int, int)]+0x1b):vtkCellLocator.cxx: undefined reference to `vtkDataArrayTemplate<int>::InsertValue(int, int)'
CMakeFiles/vtkFiltering.dir/vtkCellLocator.obj(.text$_ZN14vtkIdTypeArray12WritePointerEii[vtkIdTypeArray::WritePointer(int, int)]+0x1b):vtkCellLocator.cxx: undefined reference to `vtkDataArrayTemplate<int>::WritePointer(int, int)'
CMakeFiles/vtkFiltering.dir/vtkCellTypes.obj(.text$_ZN20vtkUnsignedCharArray11InsertValueEih[vtkUnsignedCharArray::InsertValue(int, unsigned char)]+0x22):vtkCellTypes.cxx: undefined reference to `vtkDataArrayTemplate<unsigned char>::InsertValue(int, unsigned char)'
CMakeFiles/vtkFiltering.dir/vtkDataSet.obj(.text$_ZN20vtkUnsignedCharArray15InsertNextValueEh[vtkUnsignedCharArray::InsertNextValue(unsigned char)]+0x1b):vtkDataSet.cxx: undefined reference to `vtkDataArrayTemplate<unsigned char>::InsertNextValue(unsigned char)'
CMakeFiles/vtkFiltering.dir/vtkImplicitSum.obj(.text$_ZN14vtkDoubleArray15InsertNextValueEd[vtkDoubleArray::InsertNextValue(double)]+0x14):vtkImplicitSum.cxx: undefined reference to `vtkDataArrayTemplate<double>::InsertNextValue(double)'
CMakeFiles/vtkFiltering.dir/vtkOrderedTriangulator.obj(.text$_ZN14vtkIdTypeArray11InsertValueEii[vtkIdTypeArray::InsertValue(int, int)]+0x1b):vtkOrderedTriangulator.cxx: undefined reference to `vtkDataArrayTemplate<int>::InsertValue(int, int)'
CMakeFiles/vtkFiltering.dir/vtkOrderedTriangulator.obj(.text$_ZN14vtkIdTypeArray15InsertNextValueEi[vtkIdTypeArray::InsertNextValue(int)]+0x14):vtkOrderedTriangulator.cxx: undefined reference to `vtkDataArrayTemplate<int>::InsertNextValue(int)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [bin/libvtkFiltering.dll] Error 1
make[1]: *** [Filtering/CMakeFiles/vtkFiltering.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Any idea what could cause this?

Thanks, MB