[vtkusers] Transparency problem with surface rendering

Saowapak Sotthivirat nansaowapak at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 10:20:24 EST 2006

Hi VTK users,

I still have a problem with transparency on surface rendering. The surface
turns its inside-out when rotating. The problem disappears when the opacity
is set to be 1.

Actually, this problem has been posted a while ago and the latest was in
September 2005. I have tried all the possible approaches posted; however,
nothing is working yet. Here is what I have tried:

            - vtkDepthSortPolyData

            - vtkFrustumCoverageCuller

            - turn backface culling off

Can anyone update me if this problem can be solved or not? If so, how? Btw,
I'm using vtk 4.2.

Thanks a lot in advance,

nan