[vtkusers] Fail to generate libQVTKWidgetPlugin.so

Weiguang Guan guanw at rhpcs.mcmaster.ca
Tue Feb 7 15:43:39 EST 2006

I see your point. Actually, I kept the default value (OFF) for
BUILD_SHARED_LIBS in cmake. I guess it's building libQVTKWidgetPlugin.so
instead of libQVTKWidgetPlugin.a because this is a plugin. All other vtk
libs are static libs.

The problem occured on my 64bit linux box running on SGI Prism only, I
don't get any problem while building vtk5.0 on other 32 bit linux. There
is difference in c++ compiler version (3.2 vs 3.4), not sure this is the
cause.

Weiguang

Weiguang Guan, Research Engineer
RHPCS, McMaster University