[vtkusers] vtk errors occurs in GTK application

Wang HJ hjwang126 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 7 07:21:51 EST 2006

Hello,
I wrote about my visualization code with vtk, I hope GTK can call that code.
I used example of medical in vtk as my own example. I just use the gtk code
"gtk_signal_connect(GTK_OBJECT(itemv1),"activate",GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC(doVisual),NULL);"
to call it. The visualization window will  creat by VTK. I can build my
application successfull and run the application first, But as I  use the gtk
to call that vtk code, it will throw me an error message see "  unhandled
exception of type 'System.TypeLoadException' occurred in
application.exe,Additional information: Could not load type vtkImageData
from assembly application, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=null", I found it induced by such line i.e."
skinExtractor->SetInput((vtkDataSet *) v16->GetOutput());". How can I solve
this problem. Could I run the vtk code in GTK enviroment.
Thanks a lot.

see my vtk code as the follows:

#include "vtkRenderer.h"
#include "vtkRenderWindow.h"
#include "vtkRenderWindowInteractor.h"
#include "vtkVolume16Reader.h"
#include "vtkPolyDataMapper.h"
#include "vtkActor.h"
#include "vtkOutlineFilter.h"
#include "vtkCamera.h"
#include "vtkProperty.h"
#include "vtkPolyDataNormals.h"
#include "vtkContourFilter.h"
#include <iostream>
#include <string.h>
using namespace std;
void doVisual()
{
  vtkRenderer *aRenderer = vtkRenderer::New();
  vtkRenderWindow *renWin = vtkRenderWindow::New();
    renWin->AddRenderer(aRenderer);
  vtkRenderWindowInteractor *iren = vtkRenderWindowInteractor::New();
    iren->SetRenderWindow(renWin);

    vtkVolume16Reader *v16 = vtkVolume16Reader::New();
    v16->SetDataDimensions (64,64);
   v16->SetImageRange (1,93);
   v16->SetDataByteOrderToLittleEndian();

v16->SetFilePrefix("C:/VTK-4.2-LatestRelease/VTK/Examples/Medical/Release/headsq/quarter");
   v16->SetDataSpacing (3.2, 3.2, 1.5);

    vtkContourFilter *skinExtractor = vtkContourFilter::New();
    skinExtractor->SetInput((vtkDataSet *) v16->GetOutput());
    skinExtractor->SetValue(0, 500);
    vtkPolyDataNormals *skinNormals = vtkPolyDataNormals::New();
    skinNormals->SetInput(skinExtractor->GetOutput());
    skinNormals->SetFeatureAngle(60.0);
   vtkPolyDataMapper *skinMapper = vtkPolyDataMapper::New();
    skinMapper->SetInput(skinNormals->GetOutput());
    skinMapper->ScalarVisibilityOff();
    vtkActor *skin = vtkActor::New();
    skin->SetMapper(skinMapper);

  // An outline provides context around the data.
  //
    vtkOutlineFilter *outlineData = vtkOutlineFilter::New();
    outlineData->SetInput((vtkDataSet *) v16->GetOutput());
  vtkPolyDataMapper *mapOutline = vtkPolyDataMapper::New();
    mapOutline->SetInput(outlineData->GetOutput());
   vtkActor *outline = vtkActor::New();
   outline->SetMapper(mapOutline);
   outline->GetProperty()->SetColor(0,0,0);

  // It is convenient to create an initial view of the data. The FocalPoint
  // and Position form a vector direction. Later on (ResetCamera() method)
  // this vector is used to position the camera to look at the data in
  // this direction.
  vtkCamera *aCamera = vtkCamera::New();
    aCamera->SetViewUp (0, 0, -1);
    aCamera->SetPosition (0, 1, 0);
    aCamera->SetFocalPoint (0, 0, 0);
    aCamera->ComputeViewPlaneNormal();

  // Actors are added to the renderer. An initial camera view is created.
  // The Dolly() method moves the camera towards the FocalPoint,
  // thereby enlarging the image.
  aRenderer->AddActor(outline);
  aRenderer->AddActor(skin);
  aRenderer->SetActiveCamera(aCamera);
  aRenderer->ResetCamera ();
  aCamera->Dolly(1.5);

  // Set a background color for the renderer and set the size of the
  // render window (expressed in pixels).
  aRenderer->SetBackground(1,1,1);
  renWin->SetSize(640, 480);

  // Note that when camera movement occurs (as it does in the Dolly()
  // method), the clipping planes often need adjusting. Clipping planes
  // consist of two planes: near and far along the view direction. The
  // near plane clips out objects in front of the plane; the far plane
  // clips out objects behind the plane. This way only what is drawn
  // between the planes is actually rendered.
  aRenderer->ResetCameraClippingRange ();

  // Initialize the event loop and then start it.
  iren->Initialize();
  iren->Start();

  // It is important to delete all objects created previously to prevent
  // memory leaks. In this case, since the program is on its way to
  // exiting, it is not so important. But in applications it is
  // essential.
  v16->Delete();
  skinExtractor->Delete();
  skinNormals->Delete();