[vtkusers] Re: Qt 4.1 Success anyone?

John Biddiscombe biddisco at cscs.ch
Mon Feb 6 15:59:33 EST 2006

I don't understand the nature of the problem, but I've been using qt4.1
and vtk cvs head since the day 4.1 was released. there is no problem
with it.
try
setenv QTDIR=~/qt-4.1.0 // or whatever
setenv PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$PATH
then run cmake for your vtk build, make sure desired qt version is 4.
clear any old cache values thta might cause trouble. build and away you
go. I've never had any trouble.
windows alos builds fine. The trick is to ensure that qt-4.1.0/bin is on
the path as cmake checks which qt version you have using 'qmake
--version' (or somethig similar)
Aha! I expect you're  using an old cmake version with no or old qt4
macros. Use cmake latest too.

JB
I have qt 3.2.x, 4.0.1, 4.1.0 all co-existing on the same machine and as
long as you follow the above rules it works fine.