[vtkusers] undefined reference to _imp___ZN9vtkCamera9SetViewUpEddd

Martin Baumann mailsgetlost at web.de
Mon Feb 6 11:05:55 EST 2006

Hi,

I have problems compiling a program that uses VTK-5.0 to MS Windows.
I use makefiles, MSYS and MinGW as compiler.

At linking time I get the following messages:

undefined reference to `_imp___ZN9vtkCamera9SetViewUpEddd´

and ot more like this

When I enter

nm vtkRendering.lib I get

?SetViewUp at vtkCamera@@QAEXNNN at Z
___imp_?SetViewUp at vtkCamera@@QAEXNNN at Z

Does this look ok?

When I enter the same on my Linux machine, I get different hits.

General Question:
What are the correct libraries for Windows? *.lib? *.dll?
And what do I have to enter in the makefile: -lvtkCommon or -vtkCommon
or -vtkCommon.dll or vtkCommon.lib

Thanks, MB