[vtkusers] using vtkPCAAnalysisFilter for eigen vectors

Syed Amjad majeed.amjad at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 02:41:32 EST 2006

Hi,

I'm having troble using vtkPcaanalysisfilter....

I'm following the usual method.. setnumberofinputs.. then setinput then
updata etc.. but I don't get the desired output.

vtkPoints *points.... is my data.

I have a set of data of 336 points... (vtkPoints).. just one set.. so I
guess that the setnumberofinputs will be only 1. then my setinput is
setinput(0, points).... then I do an update... This doesn't work..  really

here's the code:

*/    //set input for pca

    vtkPolyData *pointset=vtkPolyData::New();
    pointset->SetPoints(points);

    pointset->Update();

    pca->SetNumberOfInputs(1);
    pca->SetInput(0,pointset);

//execute pca
    pca->Update();
    cout<<"eigen values: ";

    numPoints=pca->GetEvals()->GetNumberOfTuples();

    for(i=0;i<1;i++)
        cout<<" "<<pca->GetEvals()->GetValue(i);

All I want to know is how I get the filter to work on these points so that I
can get the eigen values AND the eigen vectors..

right now I get a nonsense value..

thankyou,

Majeed