[vtkusers] Core Dump on vtkTkRenderWindowInteractor command

Dean N. Williams williams13 at llnl.gov
Wed Feb 1 08:48:26 EST 2006

Dear VTK community,

   I am trying to us the vtkTkRenderWindowInteractor command in a Python
VTK script, but my script core dumps when it reaches this command. I am
certain that my Python build and VTK build using the same Tcl/Tk
libraries as you can see from my "ccmake ." generation below. The only
thing I can think of is the fact that I am using the static libraries of
Tcl/Tk and not the shared versions.

   Is there a problem building VTK with static Tcl/Tk libraries? If not,
then why am I getting a core dump when my Python/VTK script comes across
the vtkTkRenderWindowInteractor command?

   Any help on this will be much appreciated.

BUILD_EXAMPLES
ON

BUILD_SHARED_LIBS
ON

CMAKE_BACKWARDS_COMPATIBILITY
2.2

CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE

CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX
/usr/local

PYTHON_INCLUDE_PATH
/home/williams/wrk/project2/cdat/include/python2.4

PYTHON_LIBRARY
/home/williams/wrk/project2/cdat/lib/python2.4/config/libpython2.4.a

TCL_INCLUDE_PATH
/home/williams/wrk/project2/cdat/include

TCL_LIBRARY
/home/williams/wrk/project2/cdat/lib/libtcl8.4.a

TCL_LIBRARY_DEBUG
TCL_LIBRARY_DEBUG-NOTFOUND

TK_INCLUDE_PATH
/home/williams/wrk/project2/cdat/include

TK_LIBRARY
/home/williams/wrk/project2/cdat/lib/libtk8.4.a

TK_LIBRARY_DEBUG
TK_LIBRARY_DEBUG-NOTFOUND

VTK_DATA_ROOT
/home/williams/wrk/VTKData