[vtkusers] Cannot open include file: 'vtkConfigure.h'

#SUN YUAN# PG00419006 at ntu.edu.sg
Wed Feb 1 02:15:00 EST 2006

I am a beginner for VTK. I met the following problem in my testing.

C:\ vtk42\common\vtkwin32header.h(30) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'vtkConfigure.h': No such file or directory.

I know somebody has provided some help on  this problem, but I failed after trying.

The following is my installation procedure for CMake and VTK.

1. I unzip vtk42-LatestRelease file to C:\vtk42.

2. Run exe file CMSetup206.

3. In the configuration of CMake, the source code directory is set as C:\vtk42\Examples\GUI\Win32\vtkMFC\vtkSDI. And the bin directory is C:\vtk\bin. The check box Show advanced values is selected.

4. Press configure  button  and obtain the grey area for all the items. I click OK.

5. I follow the instructions in the help file "SDI_Instructions" located in the path of C:\vtk42\Examples\GUI\Win32\vtkMFC\vtkSDI  to build the test example. In the

compiling phase, a fatal error occurred:

 C:\ vtk42\common\vtkwin32header.h(30) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'vtkConfigure.h': No such file or directory.

 I check CVS and find some clues about my problem.

 The file vtkConfigure.h should be generated from vtkConfigure.h.in. However, in my case, it is not generated automatically after I do the configuration with CMake. I search vtkConfigure.h  in all my folders and did not get one. Someone in CVS suggested mis-performing reconfiguration, which may probably override or delete the file. However it is not my case as I search vtkConfigure.h exactly after configuration.

 I think I must do something wrong in the configuration though I think I follow the instructions. My system is WinXP, using VC++ 6.0.

The SDI_Instructions indicate using Visual C++ IDE (Version 6) to create a project. I am not sure the meaning of IDE. I just use VC++6.0 directly.

May you kindly provide some help on my problem?

Thanks.