[vtkusers] vtkUnstructuredGrid and vtkTriangleFilter

munsell at cse.sc.edu munsell at cse.sc.edu
Sun Dec 31 15:38:42 EST 2006

Hello all-

I would like to generate only triangle cells from the
vtkDelaunay3D class. However, the vtkUnstructedGrid output from
the vtkDelaunay3D class provides both lines, triangles, and quads.

After some research and reading the vtk users manual, some
combination of the vtkTriangleFilter/vtkCleanPolyData/vtkDecimate
classes have to be implemented in order to triangulate all the
polydata.

However, after several attempts I've not been very successful in
my endeavors.

Could someone provide me an example on how this is accomplished?

Thank you,

Brent