[vtkusers] data convertion and colori ng problem.

iii-lin iii-lin at 163.com
Sun Dec 24 08:08:43 EST 2006

hello Peter Spring,
   Is that you want to use vtkPolyDataReader to read vtk file and display it?
I have a sample code and my outputs just black-white colors.
But you need to write to your codes.I just convert is into java.I did not have tcl or other language's code.
here it is:
///////////////////////////
ackage require vtk
package require vtkinteraction
vtkRenderer aRenderer
vtkRenderWindow renWin
  renWin AddRenderer aRenderer
vtkRenderWindowInteractor iren
  iren SetRenderWindow renWin
vtkPolyDataReader skinNormals
skinNormals SetFileName "C:/zhangh/VTK/out.vtk"
vtkPolyDataMapper skinMapper
  skinMapper SetInputConnection [skinNormals GetOutputPort]
  skinMapper ScalarVisibilityOff
vtkActor skin
  skin SetMapper skinMapper
vtkCamera aCamera
  aCamera SetViewUp  0 0 -1
  aCamera SetPosition  0 1 0
  aCamera SetFocalPoint  0 0 0
  aCamera ComputeViewPlaneNormal
aRenderer AddActor skin
aRenderer SetActiveCamera aCamera
aRenderer ResetCamera
aCamera Dolly 1.5
aRenderer SetBackground 1 1 1
renWin SetSize 640 480
//////////////////////////////////

 在2006-12-24,"Peter Spring" <meancity at gmail.com> 写道:

Dear all,

Goodday, and merry christmas.

i have met some problem when i generating some vtk binary data using
vtkPolyDataWrite.

what i did was using Dicom reader to read a set of dicom files and
construction iso surface after that i use vtkPolyDataWriter to save
the data to be vtk binary. things can be conducted perfectly but one
problem bothers me is the coloring.

when i read the generated vtk binary data, the data is shown with some
color. it is very strange because i did not assign any color when i
previously do the iso surface construction.  and i notice that
different iso value has different color.... for the vtk binary data.

can someone help me on this issue since i do not want any color on the
vtk binary data.

thanks very much...

Yours

P.