[vtkusers] Re: Troubles building VTK

WolfgangZillig wollez at gmx.net
Sun Dec 17 16:32:52 EST 2006

Posted out of a previous entry of this list:

The reason is that since 2.5-th version Python doesn't consider *.dll
files as packages, only looking for *.pyd. I finally had found that by
myself, but thought it can be worthy of reporting. Simple renaming of
vtk*Python.dll (not vtk*PythonD.dll) files into *.pyd shall fix the problem.

Regards
Wolfgang