[vtkusers] 3D texture mapping and hard-coded limits

Pierre Barbier de Reuille pbarbier at ucalgary.ca
Fri Dec 15 18:21:31 EST 2006

Hello,

I am using 3D texture mapping. And I must say the code in VTK is working
very fine. The only problem is with the hard-coded maximum resolution of
the image. I know it is here because of some drivers that do not report
errors correctly (as said in the doc). However, I know that the card I
have (and a few other) works with up to 512x512x512 (and it was bought
for that purpose). To check, I just changed the hard-coded limit to
512x512x512 and it is just working fine!

So my question is: would it be possible to make that hard-coded limit
not so much hard-coded? Like keeping that limit, but introducing a way
to modify it?

Thanks,

Pierre