[vtkusers] How to create a .pts file

murali kuna murali_421 at yahoo.co.in
Wed Dec 13 08:34:26 EST 2006

Hello friends,

                    I am a newbie to VTK. I am looking into the examples of VTK. There is one example on surface reconstruction  in "VTK\Examples\Modelling\Tcl\reconstructSurface.tcl". The data for this script can be found in "VTKData\Data\cactus.3337.pts". This "cactus.3337.pts" consisting of a 3D coordinates. I am also having a 3D coordinates of my problem in a text file. Can anyone please help me how to convert this .txt to .pts other wise is there any method to directly access this text to the surface reconstruction filter.

                    Thanks in advance.

  with regards
  murali.kuna