[vtkusers] the question about copyright of the vtk a nd itk books

wjynyny wjynyny at 126.com
Mon Dec 11 03:31:41 EST 2006

hello:
      I am a reseacher undertaking the medical processing in China.During the research,I feel the benefit and convenience of the vtk and itk.I know in China,there are a lot of people doing the same work as me.But many people don't know these Toolkits,someone can't master them well althugh they have utilizing them because of the obstacle of language.Until now,no university had taken the vtk and itk books as teaching materials.And some researchers have claimed the publishment of the vtk and itk books translated in chinese.This behavior can improve the level of the technique communication,and more Chinese people can contribute their code to VTK and ITK.And this is  profitable to the whole people.I honor the copyright of the Kitware, Inc. publishers,so I ask if I can get the authorization of the Kitware, Inc. publishers to publish the translated books in China,and if there are some requests,please put it forward and then we discuss it.I wish I could help more chinese people studying the toolkits,please give me the chance.
    And the second question I want to ask is that:I  heard that the three books in the web  http://www.vtk.org/buy-books.php:
(1)The Visualization Toolkit User's Guide ISBN :1-930934-13-0
(2)Mastering CMake ISBN 1-930934-11-4
(3)The ITK Software Guide   ISBN 1-930934-10-6
they support the old  VTK and ITK version,and they have been out of print.please tell me the detailed information about the latest version:the ISBN, version being supported,etc.
Best wishes!