[vtkusers] [4.2->5.0 conversion]Missing FreeType library

Stuart Schaffner schaffner at pshift.com
Thu Dec 7 13:56:02 EST 2006

Thanks to Thomas Labertz, I got the OpenGL library linked into my project,
under MS Visual Studio 2005 professional.  However, I still get two
undefined references:

1>vtkrendering.lib(vtkFreeTypeUtilities.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved
external symbol _FTC_Manager_LookupSize referenced in function "public: int
__thiscall vtkFreeTypeUtilities::GetSize(unsigned long,int,struct
FT_SizeRec_ * *)"
(?GetSize at vtkFreeTypeUtilities@@QAEHKHPAPAUFT_SizeRec_@@@Z)

1>vtkrendering.lib(vtkFreeTypeUtilities.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved
external symbol _FTC_Manager_LookupFace referenced in function "public: int
__thiscall vtkFreeTypeUtilities::GetFace(unsigned long,struct FT_FaceRec_ *
*)" (?GetFace at vtkFreeTypeUtilities@@QAEHKPAPAUFT_FaceRec_@@@Z)

Since both of these references come from VTK code, I wonder if I failed to
set up the configuration variables correctly when I used cmake on the VTK
5.0 sources. I poked about in the archives, and it seems that there are
different versions of FreeType.  Rather than rerunning cmake, is there a
.lib file I can safely explicitly link in to my project?

Stu Schaffner

Northeastern University