[CMake] Re: [vtkusers] error: cmake + free optimizing compiler from .net framework SDK --- x86 conflicts with x64

Weiguang Guan guanw at rhpcs.mcmaster.ca
Thu Dec 7 11:57:47 EST 2006

Hi Bill,

Thank you so much. Here I confirm that your guess is right. I paste part
of the output below. Is there a workaround?

         "C:\Program Files\CMake 2.4\bin\cmake.exe"
-HZ:\visualization\software\buildWin\libraries\
thirdParty\VTK\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp
-BZ:\visualization\software\buildWin\libraries\thirdParty\VTK\C
MakeFiles\CMakeTmp --check-build-system CMakeFiles\Makefile.cmake 0
-- Check for CL compiler version
-- Check for CL compiler version - 1400
-- Check if this is a free VC compiler
-- Check if this is a free VC compiler - no
-- Check CL platform
-- Check CL platform - 64 bit ================= (*** see this line ***)
-- Check for working C compiler: C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio
8/VC/bin/cl.exe
-- Check for working C compiler: C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio
8/VC/bin/cl.exe -- broke