[vtkusers] VTK dll error

Oleg Pianykh opiany at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 15:58:49 EST 2006

Dear All,

I compiled a sample VTK project (rotating cone) in Visual Studio, but when I
am trying to run it, I get error messages like:
"This application has failed to start because vtkFiltering.dll was not
found"

If I copy VTK dlls into the same folder where my project's executable is,
everything works.

1. Can I link VTK into my project statically (.lib only), avoiding any dll?
I did include all vtk static libs into my project properties, but it keeps
asking for dlls.

2. What do i need to add to the Visual Studio project properties to include
all VTK dlls, if they cannot be avoided with static linking?

Regards,
                     Oleg