[vtkusers] Re: Re: Creating a Volume from 2D BMP files.

Yixun Liu yxliu at fudan.edu.cn
Thu Aug 31 20:48:10 EDT 2006

Hi,
Assuming image is 256x256x100. The first file name is image1 and the last file name is image100. So, SetDataExtent(0, 255, 0, 255, 1, 100); The access violation may be caused by wrong extent setting.

If you use vtkVolume, use vtkVolumeRayCastMapper(vtk4.2.2) or use vtkFixedPointVolumeRayCastMapper(vtk5.0). Note that if you use vtkFixedPointVolumeRayCastMapper you no need to call SetVolumeRayCastFunction();

Hope it help.

Yixun Liu