[vtkusers] point picking question

Anja Ende anja.ende at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 31 06:06:55 EDT 2006

Hi everyone,

I have a reslicer interface where I click on a 2D image and it reslices the
volume at that point and returns me the slice.

Now, I could have the image zoomed and I want to pick the point in the
original image regardless of the zoom factor. Of course, I can probably do
that by taking the current zoom factor into account but there might be round
off errors, so I was wondering if there is a better way.

I can get the points bu using vtkPointPicker class and that seems to work.
However, I do not know what to do with those values as the reslicer will not
accept those values.

So, I was wondering if there was a way to pick points on the rendered 2D
image (regardless of its zoom factor) that actually refers to the points in
the original image size.

Cheers and thanks,

Anja

Shamesless plug:
I actually have another open question. I still have not figured out the
correct strategy for setting the output setting. So, if someone would be
kind enough to help me with that

http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2006-August/086765.html