[vtkusers] VTK install hoses normal wx behavior (Windows)

Les Schaffer schaffer at optonline.net
Mon Aug 28 09:40:24 EDT 2006

i just discovered that installing VTK w/ python breaks normal wx
behavior on my machine.

since VTK gets installed into the site-packages with its own wx package:

    C:\Program Files\Python24\Lib\site-packages\vtk\wx

then trying to use normal wx. for example

   import wx.lib.XXX

breaks because in my case python is seeing the VTK wx package firs:

>>> print wx.__path__
['C:\\Program Files\\Python24\\lib\\site-packages\\vtk\\wx']

this seems really wrong to me. am i missing something?

thanks

les schaffer