[vtkusers] How to save renWin output in vtk format?

shahrooz Roohi shahrooz_roohi2004 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 27 09:46:54 EDT 2006

Dear all
  I want to save my output of visualization (Volume rendering or surface rendering)
  to vtk format. but I don't know which class I should use and the input of class.
  I test vtkDataObjectWriter class with inputs renWin, ren1 and volume, but it didn't work. How can I solve this problem?

  vtkRenderer *ren1 = vtkRenderer::New();
  vtkRenderWindow *renWin = vtkRenderWindow::New();
  renWin->AddRenderer(ren1);
  vtkRenderWindowInteractor *iren = vtkRenderWindowInteractor::New();
  iren->SetRenderWindow(renWin);

  ren1->AddActor(outline);
  ren1->AddVolume(volume);
  ren1->SetActiveCamera(aCamera);
  ren1->ResetCamera ();
  aCamera->Dolly(1.5);
  ren1->SetBackground(1,1,1);
  renWin->SetSize(640, 480);

  vtkDataObjectWriter *writer=vtkDataObjectWriter::New();
  writer->SetInput(renWin->GetOutput());