[vtkusers] Re: orthogonal slices through a volume

Amy Squillacote amy.squillacote at kitware.com
Mon Aug 21 13:11:05 EDT 2006

Hi Anja,

Since you want orthogonal slices, try using vtkImageClip. Use the
SetOutputWholeExtent method to specify a slice in the volume; the
minimum and maximum extent values will be the same along whatever axis
you're taking the slice. Don't modify the extents for the other axes.
For example, if your data's extents are 0 - 10 in x, 0 to 20 in y, and 0
to 30 in z, then to extract the 5 slice along the x axis, you would call
SetOutputWholeExtent with the parameters 5, 5, 0, 20, 0, 30.

- Amy