[vtkusers] Qt and VTK issues

Richard Haney cosmoh2o at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 19 08:50:26 EDT 2006

Please Help,

I am very new to the use of Qt and am trying to learn, so if this question
is too elementary please forgive me, but is there some simple example code
illustrating the use of Qt within VTK?  I am running Windows Xp using the
latest VTK (5.0.1) and Qt (4.1.4).

I have downloaded and compiled (using MinGW for Windows) VTK-5.0.1 and
Qt4.1.4 and can get both to work separately but not together (i.e., I can
not get Qt to see any VTK code).  I set the Cmake to compile VTK with
GUISupport, so I have the libQVTKWidgetPlugin.dll but don't know how to use
this with Qt. Perhaps I have missed some PATHS or INCLUDE Directories?

Any help/hints would be great.  Thanks in advance.