[vtkusers] New() method in vtk class hierarchy

Xiaobin Wang xiaobin2006 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 04:26:34 EDT 2006

Hi all,
I am writing my own derived class . I find the sensible part in the code
lies in
the New() method.

I looked into some class source code in vtk (e.g. vtkCone,vtkShpere) ,and
found
New methods there just be declared  in header files but not defined . Out of
curiosity,
I want to know when calling the New(), how does vtk return a new object ?

I believe it is the C++ problems (maybe involving static member functions)
,but hope some one here can help me to clarify this problem.

Thanks in advance and looking forward to hearing from you.