[vtkusers] vtkImagePlaneWidget, vtkReslicer question

Anja Ende anja.ende at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 10 13:35:20 EDT 2006

Hi everyone,

I am facing a problem that is quite critical and I have still not found a
way to solve this:

- I have a set of vtkImagePlaneWidget (3 to be precise) that are in the XY,
YZ and XZ orientations. They receive a 3D volume as input. Now, I can
reslice them in any arbitrary orientation which is great! I feed the output
of this reslice to vtkImageViewer2 object for display.

The problem that I am facing is that I want to do the reslicing and the
zooming at the same time. The question that I want to put forth to all you
experts is that whether it is possible to specify the zoom as a transform to
the vtkImageReslicer in the vtkImagePlaneWidget. If so, can someone post
some code as to how one goes about it. I guess I can inherit from the
vtkImagePlaneWidget and access the reslicer class to set the transform. But
how does one go about setting this zoom transform in the reslicer.

- Also, will it be fast enough for usability? I guess I can test this on my
side.

I know vtkImageViewer2 provides some OpenGL based zooming but I do not want
to interpolate twice. I want the reslicer to also do the interpolation.

I would really appreciate it if someone can help me with this!

Thank you very much. I hope I can know enough to contribute to this forum.

Anja