[vtkusers] Static build on Linux 2

Alexander Ivanov darkstar at pisem.net
Wed Aug 9 06:28:22 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I have a question about static build of paraview. Using -static option I can build static paraview but during linking I received the following message:

: warning: Using 'dlopen' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking

So is it mean that I can not run paraview on the machine with different glibc?

P.S. Sorry I forgot to switch off extended mode of mailer and the first my post was in HTML. Hope that second version it is more readable.

Thanks,
Alex.