[vtkusers] outlines around your vtkPlaneWidget

Istvan Matis i_matis at yahoo.de
Sat Aug 5 08:51:32 EDT 2006

Hi Rashed,

the outlines are actually the black borders of the IPWs. Some of the
interior of the IPW textures are transparent, this is why the borders can be
seen.

You can also use vtkOutlineFilter (I did some time ago).

For picking I modified the source of vtkImagePlaneWidget eg: made the Picker
publicly accessible.
Then I added an observer to the IPW's InteractionEvent, then you can use
Picker->GetPickPosition.

See below:

void vtkPlaWidgetCmd::Execute
(vtkObject *caller, unsigned long eventID, void *callerData)
{

 vtkImagePlaneWidgetR *ipw = dynamic_cast<vtkImagePlaneWidgetR *>(caller);
 if (ipw == NULL)
  return;

 vtkCellPicker * picker = ipw->GetPicker();

 double pos[3];
 picker->GetPickPosition(pos);

//... etc

}