[vtkusers] Rendering problem on my Ubuntu linux box

Manuel Arturo Izquierdo Peña aizquier_tg at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Aug 2 22:56:29 EDT 2006

Hi!

I am having trouble using vtk 4.4.2 in Ubuntu Hoary.
When I try to run any of the included examples, I get
an empty window, but without any 3D figure.  Both C++,
Python and Tcl examples fails. Only the demo named
ImagePlaneWidget.py draws some text on the renderer.,
but nothing more. It seems that the background color
is set correclty. Is interesting that the mayavi
package works fine.

Could it be any incompatiblity with my graphic card?
Mine is based on a Intel 915GM/910ML/915MS chipset.

Thanks!

PS: I tryed to build both vtk 5.0.1 and  4.4 (to see
if the problem is with my apt-get'ed version of vtk,
but unfortunately, both versions failed to build!!
:(   )

Manuel Arturo

_
(O>   | Manuel Arturo Izquierdo Peña
//\   | Observatorio Astronómico Nacional.
V_/_  | Universidad Nacional de Colombia.
        ma.izquierdo at umontreal.ca
        maizquierdop at unal.edu.co
        aizquier at gmail.com
Tel :(57)-1-3165222 ,  (57)-1-3165000 ext 11022
Fax :(57)-1-3165383

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
¡Probalo ya!