[vtkusers] Scaling data in a vtk file

Adrian Suszko adriansuszko at rogers.com
Sun Apr 30 13:59:50 EDT 2006

I am relatively new to VTK and I am curious if there is anyway to change the
scale of all points in a VTK file. For instance I have two vtk files which I
wish to perform an image registration on. One of the files was recorded in
meters while the other was recorded in millimetres. I have obtained the
transformation matrix correctly (after internally scaling the data) but now
I wish to apply to the transform to the vtk file but it is still in
millimetres. Is there any function that will take my vtk function and
multiply all points by 1000, so that it is scaled up into meters?

Adrian