[vtkusers] How do I set if I want set cylinder's height 6 millimeter?

Kevin H. Hobbs kevin.hobbs.1 at ohiou.edu
Wed Apr 26 09:14:33 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-26 at 19:08 +0700, kitti koonsanit wrote:
> What is unit of  SetHeight(6.0);  ?
>
> From Example For code
>   cylinder = new vtkCylinderSource();
>   cylinder.SetRadius(1);
>   cylinder.SetHeight(6.0);
>
> Question
>     Cylinder have 6.0  ______ .
>                   A.millimeter
>                   B.centrimeter
>                   C. meter
>                   D. voxel
>                   E. other...
>
> thank you very much

I'm no expert but as far as I've seen this is not defined in VTK. I
think you get to pick for yourself what the units are. I don't think it
would make much sense to make the astronomers use millimeters, the
microscopy people use kilometers, nor to pry the US engineers away from
inches.

Some file formats say explicitly that they mean millimeters when they
give a number. I'm thinking the ITK formats.

Since vtkCylinderSource::SetHeight is a vtkPolyDataAlgorithm I'd guess
it's units are not voxels. If the spacing on volume data is 1.0 it would
be the same though.