[vtkusers] Filling a hole

Kevin H. Hobbs kevin.hobbs.1 at ohiou.edu
Thu Apr 20 12:42:56 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 11:33 +0800, alex. gouaillard wrote:
> this code supposely close all "holes" on the surface by tracking them,
> creating a patch, patching, and deleting duplicated edges and points on
> the border of the "holes". I haven't tested it for .... ages, but it
> should be ok.
>
> beware: this is closing ALL holes. You might want to hack in to directly
> pass only the border you wanna fill. As you are cutting before, the
> boundary of your hole is planar, and everything should be ok.

I tried to get that to work with VTK from CVS and I must have missed
something. Or I messed up some pipeline thing.  Anyway I picked through
it and that bit where the lines are made to line strips then to a poly,
then triangulated is really nice.

What I don't get is why the loop? Could something be left over?

The attached "worked" for the PolyData I have.