[vtkusers] Changing interactor style

vidyadhar vidyadhar at lucidindia.net
Thu Apr 20 08:04:04 EDT 2006

Hi,
I have a C++ .Net form which parents a vtkRenderWindow. I am able to choose between vtkInteractorStyleSwitch and vtkInteractorStyleUser before initializing the interactor. When I try to change this later (say on button click) it does not work properly. Let us say I start with Switch style. Interactions are as expected. Next I change to User style. Now interactions are off as expected. Again I change to Switch style without problem. But next if I change to User style, things do not work as expected. I know the style gets assigned (I added some observer on User style to verify) but the behavior is like that of Switch style. Later on (during orbiting) I get vtk warning -->

ERROR: In C:\martink\vtk42\VTK\Rendering\vtkInteractorStyle.cxx, line 404
vtkInteractorStyleJoystickCamera (0x1825B120): Timer stop failed

For my application I want to be able to change between these two styles any number of times.

Is this a bug? If so, is there some work around?
Any help/suggestion will welcome.
Vidyadhar