[vtkusers] More Hole Filling : Delaunay3D

Kevin H. Hobbs kevin.hobbs.1 at ohiou.edu
Wed Apr 19 11:16:20 EDT 2006

I am forced to do some nasty things to some of my contours that just
don't seem to stick to one anatomical structure. These nasty things
cause holes in the contour. With the recent chatter on hole filling and
Delaunay3D I figured this might be interesting.

the before and after image is here:
http://crab-lab.zool.ohiou.edu/kevin/holes_filled.png

The contour pictured at left is spongy because of the low threshold I
had to use, and it is not closed because I had to clip out the other
structure to which it was attached.

A little Delaunay triangulation gives me something closer to what I
wanted on the right.