[vtkusers] Butter-Worth LowPass Filter

Kevin H. Hobbs kevin.hobbs.1 at ohiou.edu
Tue Apr 18 08:48:03 EDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 17:10 +0530, mahesh wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
> I had data which are acquired from a DataAcquistion card.In detail,I had a
> set of Graphical data and i want to displat it on GraphViewer.But graph
> looking some what noisy,so i need to apply filter on that data.
>
> Did u have any idea pls help me.Bye the way i am already using
> vtkImageButterworthlowpassfilter in one of my projects for Imagepixel
> data.But i need some other filter for my LONG ARRAY data(1-Dim).
>
> Did u have any idea other than using vtk also,pls help me....
>

> Thanks in advance
>
> mahesh

Please keep the conversation on the list so others can help you and be
helped by any answer you get.

OK, so you have 1-D data, and you want to low pass filter it. Is that
correct?

Are your data regularly sampled on that axis?

If the answers are yes to both questions, then you should be able to use
the vtkImageGaussianSmooth class with SetDimensionality(1).  There is
nothing specific in the vtkImageButterworthLowPass that says it does 1-D
filtering. Try only setting the x cut off. Maybe you'll have to set y
and z to "something reasonable" like inf, 0, 100000, or whatever.

The good news is that 1-D filtering is not new. There are lots of ways
to filter your data in vtk, itk, vnl, octave...